9.5K views

Today Nov. 16, 2014 I purchased a green dot card and loaded with $100.00.

I will be leaving early in the morning, and need this card for my trip. I went on line and filled out the form. A few minutes latter I logged in to see that my info was posted. Got a message that they were having problems with computers and to login after 20 minutes.

same message came up over and over.

Finally after several attempts I reached someone and was told that they couldn't verify me. No one can give me any answers. Other than I won't be able to reload this card or be issued the personalized card.

My main concern is I won't be able to get use of my money. I bought this card through Walmart and am very sad to see Walmart would lower themselves to these standards.

Preferred solution: Just want some one to email me with answer as why I was declined.

I didn't like: No one could give me answer.

Comments

I am so pissed at these greendot ppl. I will never use cards from them again.

Its been a nightmare trying to get MY MONEY from those ppl.

Who do they think they are. I'm going to tell everyone I know not to use them...

I have $137 in my account text Haven I can't get my money off there's GreenDot RushCard I thought I lost it I called in and told them but I found it and now they won't unlock my card has anyone got any ideas I have no kind of ID and that's all they keep telling me they want state ID I don't have none

#1562000

I figured out how to get to the next screen at least... I had to put in my maiden last name.

But I'm not sure of the consequences. Hopefully I can just call them and tell them I was married.

But its probably happening to alot of married couples or people with name changes. Just try previous names and it should work.

Same thing here I ordered 2 cards and they both keep saying it online and on phone and telling me throw the card away

to Tia18 #1538435

Did you get it resolved because i am currently having the same issue now.

Same thing, I had to put in my ss# and they said it didn't match my name or the info I had on there. I did this twice!

to Olivia #1552256

Same here!! Like i think i know my SSN

they did the same to me. Or better yet they said they froze my account because of a refund from my Dental office

Ive been using green dot money pak for about two years its easier to send mony now today it says unable to verify personal information yet I sent a copy front and back of my ID and ive been using it what's up money pak?

to Manuel Acosta #1501698

Same here and moneypak doesnt have live customer service.

what is going on with Moneypac and Greendot. I have tried to get a card but said they can't verify my Identificaiton?

My boyfriend had a card with green dot for 4years. And recently some overseas company started withdrawing money with out consent they started by pulling off $2 then $10 then $200 then $300 until his paycheck was gone he filed a dispute green dot said it would be 10 to 15 days before they would have a result they sent him a new card then blocked it and turned away his direct deposit they requested that he send a copy of his photo id to verify.

Then after uploading a copy they tried to tell him it doesn't match their records. We are completely pissed not only did we find out someone stole over $700 from us but he is not able to cash paper checks at Walmart or any bank affiliated with green dot Walmart referred him to a 1800 number where they are requesting 3forms of id and a copy of his social it will cost $25 and may take 6months to resolve if it does get resolved we are looking for an attorney I will never recommend this company they are a bunch of non English speaking crooks I hope whoever did this gets what's coming to them I will also be contacting the FDIC and FTC and report to better business bureau get ready to pay green dot !!!

to Annomus #1496699

Where did he upload his photo at

to Annomus #1532009

How you fixed the problem: Hello Everyone! I have FINALLY RESOLVED THIS MESS WITH GREEN DOT BANK and the ACCOUNT BLOCKING SITUATION I WENT THROUGH LIKE SOO MANY OF YOU!

I PRAY THAT THE FOLLOWING STEPS THAT I TOOK CAN IN SOME WAY, help others overcome this insufferable delema. First, SCREENSHOT EVERY EMAIL, SENT AND RECEIVED WHEN DEALING WITH GREEN DOT! TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF THE UPLOAD RECEIVED MESSAGE YOU GET WHEN PICTURE ARE ACCEPTED BY GREEN DOT!! NEXT, THE MESSAGES I'M SURE EVERYONE OF US HAS RECEIVED FROM GREEN DOT AFTER AN UPLOAD HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL IS SIMILAR TO THIS...YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE NOT LEGIBLE...

PLEASE RESUBMIT DOCUMENTS AGAIN TO GREEDOT.COM)DOCUMENTUPLOAD... CORRECT? WELL, FORGET DOING THAT AGAIN!! I decided to send a letter describing the ordeal they put us through as well as letting them know how wrong they were doing these things to hard working folks who depend on their funds not having a Billion dollar company take it from them.

I also SENT THE PHOTO ID* DRIVER'S LICENSE FRONT AND BACK AS THEY REQUIRED AS AN ATTATCHMENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS alerts@greendot.com. This is same email address that continuously sends the "DOCUMENTS ILEGIBLE" MESSAGES. DON'T BELIEVE THE MESSAGE THAT THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT MONITORED BY LIVE REPRESENTATIVES... I SENT THESE ON SATURDAY AND TODAY MY ACCOUNT IS UNBLOCKED!!!!

I PRAY THIS HELPS YOU GUYS. I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO KNOW IF IT DOES!

DON'T STOP FIGHTING FOR WHAT IS YOURS! LOVE, RESPECT, SUCCESS,- JEANINE

1-866-652-4611 Ext. 3690

to DSS #1528352

Gonna call in the am

I was told to upload my license now they didn't accept it and want to keep my money on my prepaid card they originally had a block on my card for no reason now they have closed it and kept my money

to Creola #1495594

Did you get your money yet?

to Creola #1568507

What did you find out about them keeping your money I have the same problem my car is blocked also can anyone help me find out what the *** to do

I cant log in ... I received over 2k in money from customers on money pak because i thought they were back. now, after going thru verification process twice, the program simply locks me out saying wrong username and password!