Additional Fees
Interest Rate

There once was a time when moneypak cards could be used on paypal. Me being ignorant and not using paypal that much, I was unaware that you can no longer do this, and that PayPalcash is a much more convenient option.

So, by the time I spent $50 on a Moneypak card, I am learning the hard way. I tried my hardest to find a way to use this, but I was unable. I had to have a debit card to reload. My mom had one from years ago that she put $15 on, and never used because this fishy website was asking for too much personal information.

I got her card, and registered the card in hopes that I could soon use my moneypak card to load my mother's greendot Visa Debit card. After signing up to the website and trying to reload the card through moneypak, it said that I am unable to load money on this card, and that I had to wait for my "real card" to come in the mail. Over a week later, I get it, and once again try to reload my card. I go onto Moneypak and I tried to sign up to do it, but when I put in my information, it says that an account with this information has already been made.

Good right? No. I typed in my email and phone number, and tried any phone number I would ever use, combined with my last 4 SS# digits, and I get a page that says, "We're sorry, but your request was not sent, please try again." Of course, trying and trying to no avail. So I call Customer service, and they ask me to put in my card number or SS# before I get to even speak to anyone, I put in the info on the phone, and the automated machines says, "That input is invalid," then the phone hangs up after a second fail attempt.

Now I got $44 (minus the $6 fee since it's been over 30 days(same with the prepaid card so I lost $12 already)) that I can't spend, and no customer service to help me.

My money was stolen, these people are thugs. Never buy into their *** if you don't have to, they will steal your money every 30 days while making it impossible to load up or spend any of your money.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Green Dot Moneypak. The most disappointing about green dot moneypak prepaid card from Green Dot Moneypak was no one could give answer and accessibility to resolve issue Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Green Dot Moneypak.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cards category for more informed decision or compare Green Dot Moneypak to other companies on our site.

Comments