Green Dot Moneypak - SCAMMERS

103 of 273 Green Dot Moneypak reviews

I had somebody call me and say that they were a verizon wireless carrier and was with the collections agency to receive a late payment from me.I am aware that I owe verizon so I asked how could I pay the bill.

Since I don't have an active bank account, The person told me to get a money pak card from cvs and call them with the code on the back so that I could pay my bill. Once I tried to use the card, it said that it was empty funds, even though I deposited 250 on the card and the person was only asking for 180. I put extra money on the card because the person told me that I could use the card as a debit card, which definitely isn't true. I'm hurt, disappointed, furious, and mad as *** because that money could have been used on my ACTUAL verizon bill or personal use.

I don't have money AT ALL to be getting stolen from me.Money pak and these scammers need to be stopped !

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Money Fraud
Review category
Cards
review #545048

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Green Dot Moneypak? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
103 of 273 Green Dot Moneypak reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
slsinflorida

Oct 27, 2014 #891276

Ok, so this complaint is about the scammers, not MoneyPak. Consider yourself lucky. I once wasted almost an hour talking some *** out of buying a Greendot card for nearly $500 because he thought that the government had put a lock on his computer for illegal downloads. And I'm pretty sure he just went somewhere else to buy it and still lost the money.
Just out of curiosity, why would you think that a real, professional company would want you to deposit a MoneyPac onto their _Greendot card_? Seriously, the point of these cards is that they're anonymous and no strings attached...

2 0 Reply
Green Dot Corporation

Oct 13, 2014 #884267 Pasadena, California, United States

Use your MoneyPak number only with businesses on our approved list. If anyone else asks for your MoneyPak number or information from your receipt, it’s probably a scam. Don’t give your MoneyPak number to pay for something you buy through the classifieds or to collect a prize or sweepstakes. Do not give away your receipt information to another party either. If you give your MoneyPak number or information about the purchase transaction to a criminal, Green Dot is not responsible for paying you back. Your MoneyPak is not a bank account. The funds are not insured against loss. For MoneyPak support, please visit https://www.moneypak.com/Help.aspx -Green Dot

0 0 Reply
jdfelda

Oct 11, 2014 #883397

same happened to me! only $50 in my case though

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Green Dot Moneypak. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Green Dot Moneypak.
Filing a new complaint about
×