greendot is a in plain view scam the card says you can call them to apply money,the vietnamese women they hire barely speak english and she told me the call enter is in phillipines she hung up on me once because she got frustrated that she didnt know what to do .dont know what their doing i had issue after issue trying to credit my money online to paypal beware this company will soon go under!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad ba d bad bad bad bad bad bad

Comments

I got the FBI screen asking for $200. I figured this was a scam as the computer only has work related items and files.

Shut the computer off and when it rebooted still had the screen. Ran a startup repair and restored last settings and it was gone. If you can log on in safe mode, go to internet options and reset your home page.

then run a trojan removal program or malware killer. Do not pay those a******s.

I had the same experience as Gina and Steve. It started with a pop-up, and the screen could not be minimized or closed.

It had all the look of an FBI page, telling me to pay $200 through MoneyPak to unlock my PC "in 1 to 48 hours after payment is received." Somehow it had my IP address, my correct ISP, my geographic location and it even - I don't know how - had a live (real time) video of me sitting at my PC.

I rebooted but it was still there. I was able to start in Safe Mode, but that didn't correct anything. Fortunately I have a second user on my PC and when I logged in using that it didn't show.

That allowed me to run a virus scan (I use Avast) which, sure enough, detected about sixty infected folders and files.

After dealing with those, I ran a System Restore to two days earlier and the problem's been gone ever since (knock wood). I'm back to being able to log in as myself.

:( my other computer is currently locked with a greendot virus stating (with a FBI symbol) That we downloaded illegal mp3's, et.c and need to pay 200 via Greendot to the FBI through whatever site it is locked on. They put a Mcafee logo too trying to make it legit.

WTF!?!?! I CAN NOT EVEn START MY CPU IN SAFE MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my computer was lock by a site that said it

was from the fbi saying i broke copyright

laws ans was told to get one of YOUR cards

in the amount of $200 and threatened me by

saying i only had 72 hours to pay it or

i would be charged and recieve a prison term.

i called the fbi and was told this was a

scam/virus. it cost me $200 to get the virus

removed by jupiter support my reference

# for this incident was 910906398.

I want my money back from YOU because you

allow this scam to continue using YOUR

company. i have called the fbi and have filed

a formal complaint about YOUR COMPANY!

my email address: steveb123@ij.net