Additional Fees
Interest Rate

My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online.

After going through each step carefully MoneyPak requires you to submit a photo ID to verify identification, but here's the caveat, when you click "UPLOAD ID" you're taken to a blank page. That's right BLANK. Nothing. You can't upload anything, therefore you cannot verify your identity therefore you cannot get your money!

We have tried over a dozen times to no avail. We've tried calling 6 800-numbers and have gotten no where. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. We will be reporting this to the CVS where it was purchased and we will never use this service again.

This is such a scam and the worse thing is we're unable to reach anyone to file a complaint or figure out what we can do to rectify it.

DO not purchase these cards unless you want your hard earned money stolen. Picture attached shows what the page looks like, and we can't get beyond that.

Review about: Green Dot Moneypak Prepaid Card.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Flairgal1977

What's wrong with this company's website, let alone e-mail address?? I can't even get an e-mail to them explaining what happened!

I'm sorry that you had to go through this mess with them too. I'm still stuck with $60 on my Moneypak card still waiting to get it transferred or loaded onto my greendot card. I don't know what gives...

smh... *frustrated*

I too had the same problem but I called 1-888-516-5012 which is not answered by Americans which Advertises as customer service but in reality they get your info and scam you for the money you deposit on moneypak. I too had to give my Id but it went nowhere if they would have just loaded my money this would not be happening!

Tahoe City, California, United States #1355399

This company is a rip off. They will hold your money 5-7 days for no good reason.

I am sure they are breaking many banking regulations.

Customer service will just laugh at you.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT!!!

Did u ever get ur refund?

to Anonymous Denver, Colorado, United States #1339750

We received a refund after 30 days, yes.

So funny that the dude posting as greendot customer service is trying to scam everyone here. You really think greendot uses yahoo for their email?

Lmao. *** rookie.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States #1272306

How did you get ahold of someone to manually load your funds is there a phone # or email you could give me to be able to reach them as well. Thank you Amber ***

Denver, Colorado, United States #1272278

UPDATE: I requested a refund from Greendot MoneyPak. Their response is as follows:

It should only take 100 to 105 days for you to receive your refund.

ONLY! ha. So, I paid for a service and their website is not functioning (I'm a web developer, I know how easily these forms can be fixed, so I find it preposterous a business is running an online store that doesn't have a working website). Fine, technical issues aside: They don't have a customer service call center, just an 800-number that routes you in a circle only to be hung up on.

I submitted a request for a refund and I got no sort of confirmation from the portal that my refund had been received. I had to submit a complain in order to get a response from their service department and then I had to email them to an unsecured server.

Now, I have to wait 3 months for my refund.

If you're smart, you won't use their services.

Orlando, Florida, United States #1272277

Finally was able to contact customer support and they manualy loaded my card. It was instant.

With that being said I will never use this HORRIBLE product again.

No problem taking your money, all kind when you want to access it. Moneypak should be shut down!

to Anonymous Greenville, South Carolina, United States #1272300

How did you end up getting in touch with the customer service for them to manually load your funds there's no # on the back of the moneypak and I'm not sure about emailing my sensitive information to a yahoo address.

to Anonymous Jackson, Tennessee, United States #1272771

How do you reach them

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1272079

It comes up as a popup. Turn off your popup blocker.

to LadyScot Buffalo, New York, United States #1272139

Still doesn't work..

to Es Kissimmee, Florida, United States #1272149

Please contact us at greendotmoneypakcs@yahoo.com

to Anonymous Denver, Colorado, United States #1272161

How do I know that's a legitimate email? I don't want to give access to my account if that means someone can steal my money. I need a solution that's better than 3-4 weeks it takes for a refund OR sending an email with sensitive information to a yahoo account.

Buffalo, New York, United States #1272066

This has been happening to me yesterday and today, Unsure what to do, as I needed the money on that moneypak yesterday... Please let me know if you were able to get your money back in any way.

-Es

to Anonymous Kissimmee, Florida, United States #1272069

Green Dot Moneypak Customer Service

We are sorry for any inconvenience you are experiencing. How may we assist you?

to Anonymous Buffalo, New York, United States #1272070

Same thing that has happened to this customer has happened to me. I bought a moneypak for $400 and I can't load it onto my card because it goes to the same id submission website that tells you how to submit your id but there is no way to do so and there seems no way around it.

This is my money. I need it on my card.

to Es Kissimmee, Florida, United States #1272072

Green Dot Moneypak Customer Service

We are sorry for any inconvenience you are experiencing. How may we assist you?

to Es Kissimmee, Florida, United States #1272096