2.9K views

i bought 18 greendot money pak cards so that i could pay my college tution because they only exceptted card payments i called to activted 6 of them cause i could only put 6 on my card a day they told me first that because i bought them all from one store instead of 18 different stores it was suppicious and they pit a hold on my moey it would take 8 hours to get it to my card i called the next day got told i had to fax them in my reciets and they had to call the store i got it from they verrifed hat it was mine and i did infact buy them but i still couldnt get my money for another 8 hours i called 8 hours latter got told the sme thing called back 8 hours latter they told me that i would now have to wait 24 hours called back in 24 hours got told i wold have to wait another 24 hours because of this i missed my dedline to pay my tuition and could not go to college this year all they could say was that they wer sorry and there was nothing they could do for atleast another 24 hours at this point in time i am still waiting for my $9,000 and have been refused a refund even though i have proven more than once that this was my money including bank statements, withdraw slips and reciets from the store

Comments

There are two things that anyone reading this needs to understand.

1)ANYONE on here who is offering to help you and is giving you an email address is probably a scammer. The idea would be that because you got scammed in the first place, you are gullible, and they will tell you that they can help you, but that you will need to send them a fee.

DO NOT CONTACT ANY OF THESE PEOPLE OFFERING TO HELP

2)Think about green dot just like you would money at a bank. If you go to the bank and draw out money and give it to a scammer, do you expect to be able to go back to the bank and ask for your money back because you got the money from the bank? Then why would you expect Green Dot to refund your money when you get scammed?

Many of these people who have lost money have done so because they accepted a card where someone else already had the PIN. If you get a card and anything is already scratched off on it, refuse to accept the card.

If anyone need help email at shyteresa8@gmail.com

I will Help you out I just wanna you to email me at Teresa_smith_love28@yahoo.com

Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar #901596

*** you NEED college for real. Might want to take English first, you write like a child lol

El Cajon, California, United States #797981

I got a phone call supposedly from my utility company. My bill was over due and I needed to pay it with a same as immediate payment green dot money pak.

The man harrassnent me over the phone when I questioned this. He said his technician was waiting down the street ready to turn it off. I said how is me running to the store to buy this card more instant then me paying with cash to the office. He continued his same arguments, so I got frustrated and ran to the store to get it.

He called back like he said he would so I figured it was real. Anyways I gave them the information and then he said he would give me a confirmation number. I water and ( this is where I believe green dot is actually involved) he said the one you bought from that place wasn't valid, there are no funds on it. I you get another one green dot will refund you the money with in 24 hours.

I am willing to become part of the lawsuit.

If not I will take them to small claims court. Email rachelg619@aol.com

to Rachel Corpus Christi, Texas, United States #903449

can you sue for a scam. .I was thinking.

bout getting.

a lawer. .

You better sue them. You can go to California and Sue Green Dot in small claims court for up to $10,000 in the state of California.

Hi everyone. my name is John from Lovebuds.

our delivery service down south closed and we need to move our extra flowers. We have beautiful frosty light green nugs with bright orange hairs. strong smell,large nugs,a little fluffy, smokes bomb, long high. we have available some fire indoor strains for donation .We are located in Cali .

check out our available strains and hit us if need some ***.. OG Kush,Grandaddy Purple, Sour Diesel, Girl Scout , Alaskan Thunderfuck, white widow, green crack, and some minimal strains. all good top shelf for a collective or good to part out. if interested contact me(408) 753-0672.

Looking for serious dudes only and welcomes pick up and also willing to deliver if u are not close.

overnight delivery for out of state orders. Very discreet.

Amesbury, Massachusetts, United States #716943

Yeah, because I'm sure you got "exceppeted" into college...

Belvedere Tiburon, California, United States #696862

I purchased a $250 reload card from Walgreens and when i entered the code onto my card it said it was not a valid number so I called customer support thinking they would fix it right away since I had all the documentations right there and they told me the number I was providing them was not valid and I said I know that, that is why im calling but I have the receipt right here and I told them I need to make a payment on my car or it is going to be repossessed. So they took every detail from the receipt and said it was going to be 5-10 business days for them to review my case.

In the meantime, I had to purchase another $250 card to make my payment and after 6 days I called to check the status since my card was still at $0. Now they tell me that they need the receipt (which I no longer know where it is) and when they receive it it will be another 5 days. Why couldnt they tell me that the first time? I finally find the receipt and the card that i purchased and send it to them and they tell me that they need the receipt saying that I purchased a greendot loader card and I tell them I dont have one, I just have what the store provided me with, and they say there is nothing they can do.

Obviously when the card was scanned it came up as something else, which has nothing to do with me and that I just want my money back. Thats where im at with them right now and now they are telling me to go back to the store and get the receipt that shows I purchased a greendot with but they are just going to have the same receipt that I have not to mention the store is far away. So i guess now I am going to go to the store where I got it but this has been going on over a month now.

If anyone knows of a class action going on please send me info at mandellabella@gmail.com

Also, on another subject with them that I noticed is whenever I leave a balance of $20 or less on my card for a small period of time whenever I go back my balance is at $0. This has been going on for several years now so it adds up.

Los Angeles, California, United States #689959

Dam that's fucced up :cry

Traverse City, Michigan, United States #689157

i just lost 45 wich is nothing in comparison but all i had to my name to pay my phone bill when i went to load on my card it said it was an unvalid money pak an sad to fax the receipt and the front and back of my card i have been told it not right reciept and i flipped out cuz that is what i was given an was told they cant go any further until i go to the store an get the right reciept bull *** to to people like me 45 is a furtune an i have never had problems with these before and i couldnt even understand a *** person i talked to they were all foreign and are dumb

Kansas City, Kansas, United States #682272

Baloney!!! Baloney!!

They do not work with law enforcement! They do not help the local authorities. My poor police officer got switched to so many different so called legal hot lines. They never released the source that got my money!!

These people are crooks that help crooks they hide behind this so called list, but when law enforcement steps in and you don't release the information that appears to be obstruction of justice. They have no helped or been cooperative at all!! They send out the same above generic message about this so called list of venders you have to read. When someone threatens you with a criminal bench warrant how many people are going to read this list???

Plus they have blacklisted them. They know who it is and wont tell. They support the criminal not the customer!!!

Run!!

Calumet Park, Illinois, United States #664957

Greendot is a *** scam I paid for a 90.00 card try adding the money to my paypal but it say 0.00 they told me to fax my *** *** then I call back a week later sorry well cant help you with this theses *** need to be :( :( :eek shut down

Anaheim, California, United States #616652

HOW DARE THEY?! You DO need to go to college though! You can't spell for ***.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #591059

beware of these scams, i lost $600 to scammers and now im emailing greendot going back and forth with them trying to see if i can salvage anything. all these bastards will rot in ***

yea these motha fuckaz stole 20$ from me yesterday and i culd not reddeem it on paypal

GreenDotSteals

Don't have the cash/time to deal with an attorney?

SPREAD THE WORD! If you REALLY want to stick it to the thieves, if you are REALLY sick of these corporations getting away with this type of thing, simply b/c no one will do anything about it, take matters into your own hands!!

Quit letting them push you around!!

How can we hit them where it really hurts without getting in trouble?

Word of mouth, of course.

TELL EVERYONE!!

Not just online, I mean IRL EVERYONE about your horrible experiences.

POST IT ON YOUR FACEBOOK, TWITTER, and all other social networking sites you can think of! IN DETAIL!!! Be clear and concise if you can! GreenDot WILL listen to that!!

It is WELL within our legal rights as citizens/humans to share our *absolutely horrible* experiences, in detail, and allow the consumer to decide for themselves if they feel like giving thieves their hard-earned cash.

But BE HONEST!!! Don't exxagerate or make anything up! Don't say it was 10,000 when it was 200! Keep it real and people will notice. If anyone needs help typing something up, respond to this comment with facts on your case and maybe someone will word it well for you(I will try my best), though I will be busy for the next few days with legal proceedings.:upset:

Good luck, guys! And don't forget! Unless, of course, you actually LIKE taking it up the...urmmm... Well, u know what they're doing to us all. :P

This is setting me back big time. My credit is also affected, as it was my phone bill payment that got stolen and that phone has now been disconnected and I will most likely be turned over to a credit agency. :sigh:

IT IS A TOTAL DISSERVICE AS TO HOW THIS COMPANY ROB THE POOR AND JUST SAY I APOLOGIZE GIVE US ANOTHER 8 HOURS. I WILL JOIN ANY CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY BECAUSE YOU HAVE THESE BIG CHAIN STORES COLLECT PEOPLE'S MONEY AND THEN YOU GUYS HOLD THEIR MONEY FOR DAYS IF NOT WEEKS AND MONTHS.

SHAME ON YOU AND YOUR COMPANY. I WON'T USE YOU AGAING AND WILL FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET AROUND USING YOU FOR MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT

#519797

okay, so who are we contacting to file a class action lawsuit?