I need to pay very important bills by today. My money wasn't fully transferred into paypal yet so I decided to get a moneypak card to get my money active on paypal asap.

I got the moneypak and entered all of my information they asked of me and told me that my information was invalid (which included my social security number). EVERYTHING WAS VALID. I tried 5 times re-entering my information and eventually automatically, without notice, returned my money back. I NEEDED TO PAY BILLS TODAY.

I was on the phone for a half an hour being connected to different people and eventually spoke to the supervisor and not even he could do anything about it. Nobody was able to help me at all! So their system messed up and now I'm in trouble with my bills.

SUCH A DIFFICULT AND FRUSTRATING SYSTEM DO NOT USE IT! IT'S SO UNTRUSTWORTHY AND THE SERVICE SUCKS!

Comments

My first, and now only experience, with MoneyPak lost me $5 and now I have to wait 7-10 days to get my refund. I purchased a MoneyPak card with the intention to add the money to my PayPal account.

I added $80 to my account. When I tried to add the money to my PayPal, I was told that it couldn't verify my info and could only apply for a refund. I called the number, and the person I spoke to said there was nothing they could do. She asked me what Browser I used, I said FireFox, and she said only Google Chrome and Internet Explorer are guaranteed to work and that might have been the issue(it says this NOWHERE in the site that I can find).

She also told me the $5 service fee would be refunded with my total refund, but after checking around it appears that was a lie.

So not only was MoneyPak unable to verify my information, which over a dozen other sites have no issues doing, I lost $5, was lied to about it over the phone, and now I'm waiting for my refund to show up. I tried to fill out a feedback form on their site, but it brings up a message saying no more feedback is accepted. Heck, they couldn't even tell me why they couldn't verify my info.

There is no way I would recommend this service to anyone. I've basically gave someone $5 to hold $80 of mine for 7-10 days, with zero information as to why their process didn't work for me.

Other Location, New York, United States #716555

Wow sorry to hear that. I purchased on of these cards from my local 7/11 store.

I gave them 100 dollars for the same reason and was told the money would be available immediately. Great! I tried to use the card and was told we do not accept temporary cards. So now 100 dollars of bill money was stuck on this useless card.

I contacted customer service and was told it will arrive in 7-10 days. I explained that the money was for my utility bill and that if I didn't pay the minimum amount today my service would be disconnected. If this happens then I will the be required to pay the entire balance of 180.00 plus reconnection fees and a 60 dollar deposit. I was told there was nothing they could do to help me.

My service was disconnected the very next day and I had to borrow 265 from my friend who told me that this is his car insurance money and it is not due for another 2 weeks which should give me plenty of time to pay him back. 2 weeks later my card still had not arrived. I called again and was told that there was a problem and another card would be sent out. I said you mean to tell me I have to wait another 7-10 days and they said yes.

This caused my friends insurance to lapse. Now he had additional fee's which I had to pay. In all just getting this card set be back 215 dollars of money that I did not have in the first place. I called them and told them what happened and they didn't care.

Was rude and hung up on me again. I finally spoke to a supervisor who agreed to cancel my account and send me a check in the mail which took another 10 days to arrive. I was told that I could not apply for another Green dot card for a year. I laughed and said are you serious?

Have no worries. I will never do business with your company again anyway.

Green Dot Corporation
to Anonymous Pasadena, California, United States #717801

We apologize for the experience. Based on your description, it seems that you bought a Green Dot prepaid reloadable debit card and were not able to use the temporary card due to the restrcitions on the card.

We have done our best to communicate the restrictions the temporary Green Dot Prepaid card on our website and packaging. Temporary cards are restricted from being used for cash back transactions, international use and any merchant that processes a charge as a recurring payment(even if you are only making a one-time payment, some companies have a merchant code which registers as a recurring payment. This is common with companies that keep your information on file for monthly payments). The Green Dot Personalized Card is a prepaid Visa or debit MasterCard Card that you can use anywhere debit MasterCard or Visa debit cards are accepted worldwide.

If you have requested a refund, please allow 7-10 business days to receive it. If you don't receive it after 10 business days, please contact us to check on the status or have us resend it.

mandy734
to Green Dot Corporation #724205

The thing that MoneyPak doesn't understand is that they are messing with people's hard earned money. We use this service so we can pay our bills securely. When we spend money on a MoneyPak to reload a Visa/ Debit Card to pay bills, and MoneyPak refuses to load that card... we the customers are left without your money for about 2 weeks while we wait for our refund. I was using it to put a down payment on a place to live, but lost the place due to the fact that I got a MoneyPak and then had to wait so long to get that money back. I even went on the MoneyPak website to make sure I could load that much money, and the site CLEARLY stated that I could load that much. Actually I loaded less than the website stated, and they still said I could not use that MoneyPak because of too much activity on the card. The only activity I had on that card was trying to load more money onto it. This is what the website states:

Is there a limit on how much I can load onto my prepaid card with the MoneyPak?

Yes. The MoneyPak limits are as follows:

• Daily: $1,500 or 4 MoneyPak loads.

• Weekly: $3,500 or 7 MoneyPak loads.

• Monthly: $5,000 or 20 MoneyPak loads.

Clearly this is a LIE!!! I loaded $1,000 one week, and tried to load another $1,000 the next week so I could put a down payment on a place to live. I was denied the 2nd reload of $1,000, and had to wait almost 2 weeks to get my money back. I ended up losing the place because I did not have the money for the down payment thanks to MoneyPak! :(