I bought a $500 moneypak at walgreens and the money disappeared before I could use it-basically same story as many others here. Moneypak people are totally unhelpful and refuse to do anything.

NEVER USE THESE THINGS!! There is some way thieves get the number and empty them, or the store never really puts the money on them, and it is gone forever.

This is not at all secure, and there are much better alternatives that can be used. I am of the opinion that this whole operation is a scam-since it appears to be connected to paypal I will stop using that also.

Comments

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States #809297

Just yesterday 4/24/2014, I loaded $350 from a moneypak card to my prepaid debt only to have not only the money taken back by Greendot as a Greendot Reload Adjustment, they took an additional $350 as a Greendot Reload Adjustment; thereby leaving me overdrawn on my debt card -$350 dollars. Greendot customer service was terrible with supervisor "Joseph" hanging up on me after telling me it was the fault of my bank.

How does a bank perform a Greendot Reload Adjustment? My bank account states two Greendot Reload Adjustments. Can I get an answer to that? What's worse is that the money didn't even go back to the moneypak.

I have been unemployed for sometime and I needed that money and I fear that now that not only am I out $350, but have to come up with another $350 to get my debt card back to zero balance. Truly unfair.

Green Dot Corporation
Denver, Colorado, United States #593633

We assure you MoneyPak is a safe and secure way to reload prepaid cards, add money to Paypal accounts and even make a same-day payment to our approved partners. You can find information on using a MoneyPak on the MoneyPak website, www.MoneyPak.com.

Our packaging and website include Fraud Warnings and we remind you to treat MoneyPaks like cash. We will assist in cases of potential fraud and will do our best to recover funds if possible. Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee a refund of a MoneyPak that has been provided to a private party.

Before providing a MoneyPak to an individual or company, we ask that you verify they are on our list of approved partners, which you can find on our website. If you did not start a claim and need help with a MoneyPak you bought, please send an email with your name, phone number and brief description of your issue to Customer.Advocacy@greendot.com

to Green Dot Corporation East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States #809298

to Green Dot Corporation Jesup, Georgia, United States #823528

I being scam by calling theirself the gov.grand money for $199.00 and $343.00 they calling from 360-205-3655,661-748-0240 and 202-657-4787 they claim their name is shaun Russell or shawn Russell and kathly Wilson or jennie Wilson will ya help me to catch them throw theirs boubt in jail

to fayfaye Jesup, Georgia, United States #823537

if the green dot corporation can't track the money whom and where it go than they need to take the green dot moneypak card off the shift of the stores. so the scammers can't used the card